The little things… day 4

KITCHEN MESS

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller’s Housekeeping Hints, 1966

~

The dirty dishes.  It means we had a meal.

Moments of frustration when flour is all over my kitchen (floor, fridge door, oven handle, stove, counters, sink, dish rack, toaster, coffee maker, tea-pot.. everything!).

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. Your post reminds me of the time my other half spilled parmasean cheese every where in the kitchen and picked it up with the dust buster. For a while you could smell the cheese when turning on the dust buster – still laugh about it – ha! Have a Good Kind of Messy Day:)

1. Christine says:

That happened to us too, except it was garlic powder! It’s been 2 years and we still laugh about it because the smell has not gone away from the buster! You have a great day too!

2. Nina Renee says:

Great point about the dishes! I’ve never looked at it that way.

1. Christine says:

Me neither till I was contemplating on what to blog on today. Have a great day!

3. Phyllis was so right -as is your attitude

1. Christine says:

Sometimes you just gotta… have a great day!

4. gamaraca says:

Love today’s quote and I will practice the same when flour is all over our kitchen, which is more often than I like, but the outcome is always so good 🙂

1. Christine says:

I agree! Have a great day!

5. I like your attitude, Christine … it’s contagious 🙂

1. Christine says:

Thank you Regina, glad to hear that!

6. Mae Jimenez says:

I’ve gone through so much “pick-ups” in my 45 years of marriage….recently,I left my mess and guess who picks up and cleans now?