The little things… day 1

The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes.  It has enough lush forests, flowered fields and sandy beaches.  It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day.  What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.  ~Michael Josephson

~

When something good happens, we ignore it.  When a small incident occurs, we dwell on it.  Why do we do that?  We are causing our own misery!    Today, we start a new series on “The little things”.  A spin-off from the re-discovery of happiness, where I was reminded of the importance of gratitude and letting go.  In this new journey, join me discover the little things that matter (gratitude) and learn from the little things that don’t (letting go).

I understand that life isn’t perfect, but I’m a true believer that each day does not just offer strife, but small and simple good things that go unnoticed.  Each day we are the master of our choices, we can either sweat the small stuff or let it go.

By the end of this series, I hope to learn to do two consistent things daily.  To be thankful for my blessings and to release the small stuff undeserving of my time and energy.  Here we go!

20 Comments Add yours

1. Erika says:

Amen! Looking forward to this series!! Lovely 🙂

1. Christine says:

Me too! I just love learning as I publish each post and I thank you for joining me on this one as well.

2. Beautiful Photo – Have a Great Day:)

1. Christine says:

Thank you. Hope yours was great!

3. I’ m there – will be following you – you have got me hooked again

1. Christine says:

Yay! I will do my best to make it worth your time.

4. gamaraca says:

Looking forward to it, letting go is the hardest for me. I dwelled on the small stuff today 😦

1. Christine says:

That’s ok. That’s what’s so great about tomorrow, we get another chance to get better at the things we try to work on. Baby steps… 🙂

5. Mae Jimenez says:

I’m so blessed to have a daughter who has so much “soul” in whatever she shares to others. Christine not only writes but makes us aware of all that is beautiful around us, as simple as a dandelion. It doesn’t matter how much weeding we do, they will always pop up
    after showing their bright yellow flowers and then their fluffy white seeds float away…just to return and continue to propagate.

Mama

1. Christine says:

Thanks mama! You’re so sweet, I love you!

6. Ta-da-da-da (trumpets blare) here it is….the new set of beautiful blogs to enlighten our day!
    Thank you Christine!

1. Christine says:

Thank you Liz! It’s my pleasure.

7. babso2you says:

I have been enjoying the journey and look forward to more! Great photo Christine!

1. Christine says:

Thank you! Hope you follow us through this series… and beyond. Have a wonderful day!

8. Beautiful, Christine! I needed to see this today. You are such a messenger!

1. Christine says:

Thank you Gina. I love unexpected messages that come up at the right moment and I’m glad this post was able to do that for you. I hope all is well, take care!

9. Love your photo! I’d love to curl up in that Adirondack chair right now with a good book and spend a tranquil morning there.

1. Christine says:

Thank you Jennifer. Not only is the setting peaceful, the surrounding lavender’s scent is so relaxing too.