The little things… day 9

FLOWERS & BLUE SKIES

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a flower with the other.  ~Chinese Proverb

~

How a simple daisy can make me smile and looking up at the blue sky energizes me.  Two little things I take for granted that make me feel alive!

The idea that gardening sucks and choosing to stay indoors playing scrabble on my phone when I can just as easily lay out in the sun and enjoy the blue sky!

Advertisements

18 Comments Add yours

1. Beautiful – Happy Tuesday:)

1. Christine says:

Thank you, you too!

2. What a beautiful perspective with this shot, Christine! I just love it.

1. Christine says:

Thank you Regina. I thought I might take a picture from the ground up, as if the flowers were praising when I realized the blue sky was also something to be thankful for!

1. Good for you! If I got down on the ground like that I wouldn’t be able to get back up 🙂 Bad knees. Arghhh!

3. I agree with you about gardening so I will try to make the same deal
    like the daisies

4. ucalala says:

Thank you for liking my post. I am very surprised and wondering how you found the post because I have just blogged for a short period of time to express my gratitude to someone or something and to practice writing in English as well. It’s amazing that you have also blogged on gratitude. Thank you for being grateful for a simple white daisy. I love that.

1. Christine says:

You’re welcome. I came upon your post while reading about happiness and gratitude on wordpress. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful day!

1. ucalala says:

Thank you so much, Christine.

5. julienmatei says:

You know, sometimes I just sit in silence, in a quiet dialogue with flowers. The fact of the matter is that many times is more rewarding talking to a daisy than to many humans

1. Christine says:

Iv’e found that to be true with dogs too! Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!

6. babso2you says:

Lovely photo Christine! I like the quote too! Have a wonderful celebration today of independence!

1. Christine says:

Thank you! You do the same Mz. Babs.

1. babso2you says:

😦 working today….but will celebrate tonight and the next four days that I have off!

1. Christine says:

Nothing happens during the first half of the day anyway, but 4 days off, wow! Have fun! HUGS

7. corbin8r says:

Wonderful shot! I needed it today! Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for the small but wonderful moments in my day!

8. Beautiful post! I love to stop and appreciate the simple things! I have to remind myself to do this more! ❤ The sky is amazing and so are flowers and just about all other things in nature! 🙂

1. Christine says:

Thank you! I love nature as well, something about it is so rejuvenating yet calming at the same time. Thank you for subscribing to Somethingville. I hope you enjoy your visits! Have a great weekend.