Advice to my younger self…
A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer. ~Author Unknown
“If I knew then, what I know now.” How many times have you said that to yourself and what would that knowledge change? Here’s my top 10:
- A penny saved is a penny earned. Don’t be an emotional spender. Learn to be frugal.
- Listen to your parents, they want what’s best for you. Rebellion comes back to bite you, when your kids are teenagers.
- Don’t light up that first cigarette.
- You are an amazing person, you’re not a failure.
- Learn proper nutrition and learn to love exercise.
- It’s not always about you.
- Don’t worry too much.
- Joy is about balance, not things.
- Your family comes first, the promotion can wait.
- God’s got your back… always.
I don’t know if knowing all that when I was younger would have made a difference. Well… maybe a few extra zeroes in my savings account, but I think that learning as I went through life is what made me who I am today. The woman my husband is crazy about, the mom my kids love (although she’s the neighborhood nut), the girl my parents respect and the person I like (most of the time).
What’s your advice to your younger self?