TIME

Out of 86,400 seconds we get each day, I think we can spend 10 of it counting our blessings. ~ Christine Sternfels

Time I am given each and every day.  Time to pray, time for myself, time for my family, time for work, time for leisure and time to do absolutely nothing at all!

Wishing there were more than 24 hours in each day, I would probably be exhausted everyday if that were so.

First of all, I’d like to apologize for reducing my daily blog down to a weekly post.  That is temporary.  I’ve been putting so much time on finding ways to raise funds for my non-profit organization that I’ve forgotten about my love…  pictures and words.  Oh well I guess the kids and hubby too!  In addition to being so focused, I’ve neglected to set aside some time for my family.  Can someone please kick my behind?

Time… It’s the one thing you can’t buy and holds more value than the most expensive possession you’ve ever had.  It’s also what most of us take for granted and should be more mindful of more often.  It isn’t something we can ever get back.  It moves too swiftly, yet not fast enough for others.  We are all given this, how you use it is up to you.  So now, I will take some time away from the computer and spend it with my family, under the stars, in front of the bay and away from my crazy routine… Have a great weekend everyone!

1. I sat down on the couch on Friday last week to look at my email. I had over 220 emails! How could this have gotten away from me I thought? Didn’t I get a chance to look at my emails last week? I realized that I had so much going on that was not really important and that I did not spend my time wisely with what really matters in life. I am grateful for the same as you C, and miss the time we used to spend communicating with each other. Can we please go back to that? I miss that too!

August 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

• That’s crazy! 220?! I miss you too – so so much! I would love to get back to that. I will send you an email… love and hugs to you Mz. Babs!

August 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

2. Christine Mathews

Beautiful, Christine! The photogragh is gorgeous, too. Is that CJ?

August 29, 2012 at 9:08 am

• Thanks Chris! No, she’s a Senior at a local high school whose senior portraits I took recently. Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you stop by often.

August 29, 2012 at 9:18 am

3. I read your thoughts on time and was surprised since time is the theme of my next blog. So I’m putting your post as a link in mine. it will be done tomorrow if you care to visit.

August 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm

4. May I ask where the photo at the top was taken? It looks like a part of a trail near Olympia, Washington. I was just there last week and thought it was beautiful.

August 29, 2012 at 3:12 pm

• This was taken at Northcreek Park in Snohomish County, Washington. One of the things I love about this state are the parks and trails systems. Each one offers its own special quality. I haven’t found one that has disappointed me yet.

September 4, 2012 at 8:14 am

5. Three things: 1) How I miss the state parks in WA! (hubbyman was stationed on Whidbey Island early in our marriage. One of my favorite places still!) 2) I have missed you, your beautiful photos, and your wise, old-soul words. and 3) I wish you would come here and photograph my children! :)

September 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm

• Hey stranger! Missed seeing you online, I hope all is well. Yes, Washington is a beautiful state and we love it here. When you come to visit with the fam, let me know and we’ll do a photo shoot with the kids, maybe you and hubbyman too. So nice to hear from you, take care and keep in touch! We need a virtual whine (wine) session!

September 14, 2012 at 8:51 am

• yes, yes, and yes! And more whine/wine! :)

September 15, 2012 at 7:54 pm