CELEBRATIONS

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.  ~Erma Bombeck

~

Picnics, fireworks and the ribs that will be on the grill today.

Being anal about details.  So what if Elmo is on the napkins, Barbie is on the cups, the plates are in easter colors and the table covers have Hawaiian decor?  It’s a picnic people, it’s supposed to be colorful!  Ok, maybe you can wear a bandana with red, white and blue.

Happy 4th of July!  Have fun and be safe.

1. wish I had celebrated with Elmo on the 1st – will keep it in mind for next year
    Happy 4th

July 4, 2012 at 9:13 am

2. Mae Jimenez

Here in the Northwest….we have more rain than sunshine..( no comlaints here)….how we celebrate comes from the heart….with family and friends.celebratng together the day of FREEDOM.

July 4, 2012 at 10:32 am

3. Happy 4th – Enjoy!

July 4, 2012 at 12:05 pm

4. Love your post! Terrific attitude! Have a fabulous day. :) Renee

July 5, 2012 at 6:30 am

5. I am sorry!! I meant to add, “Happy 4th of July” to you. (yesterday) We had our celebration on July 1st- Canada Day. :)

July 5, 2012 at 6:31 am

6. I agree with the sentiment in the quote! I hope that Elmo and Barbie enjoyed the ribs!

July 5, 2012 at 7:16 am