Got Faith?

Faith… hope is its brother, trust is its sister, belief is its partner and reason is not required.  ~ Christine Sternfels

I was raised Catholic.  I married a Jewish man.  I have friends who practice Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism, Paganism, Taoism.  Some are Christian, Protestants, Baptists, Anglicans, Agnostic and Atheists.  Today, my husband, daughters and I are Christians.  I don’t go to church all the time, but I try.  I can’t call out quotes from the bible, but I own one and read it.  I am not religious, but my faith in God is steady most of the time.  I’d be lying if I told you my faith can’t be shaken.  It has been tested over the years, but I can’t say I’ve ever lost my faith in God.

I am human – not perfect, not without sin and definitely not without fault.  Love and compassion are the baseline of my actions, and when you read about the message that different religions have, it boils down to those two words.

Faith is an essential part of my life.

1. Very well written. Yes, faith is everything.

April 18, 2012 at 5:08 am

• Thank you Patricia! It is such a big part of who I am. It has sustained me through many adversities and I find comfort in knowing that it will continue to do so…

April 18, 2012 at 7:50 am

2. Having studied different faiths I realized at a much younger age that while the name may be different they are all based on the same tenents. It is the universal spirit that watches over me, and I have the faith that it will always be there with me. It shows me its face in many different ways! Nice blog!

April 18, 2012 at 6:03 am

• You hit it right on the head… “It shows me its face in many different ways”. As I get older, I am learning to be less judgemental. It’s re-learning 40+ years of what’s been ingrained because of my culture, generation and the religion that was chosen for me. It’s amazing how parallel all the teachings are. Thanks for your input, always.

April 18, 2012 at 7:49 am

• Great blog, Christine and excellent response babso2you

April 18, 2012 at 11:04 am

3. oh I loved this so, so very much!!

April 18, 2012 at 8:45 am

4. If we were not tested, our faith in God would be meaningless. So I look at those obstacles as something that can only increase our belief and cement our faith in God.

April 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm