REFOCUS

“There are days when things are crystal clear, then there are days when everything is a blur.  There will always be obstacles in front of us and around us, so don’t spend your time being confused.  Refocus and remember what you were going for.”  ~ Christine Sternfels

1. Beautiful pictures! I love how eerily beautiful the first shot is.

April 10, 2012 at 9:12 am

• Thank you. I almost posted it as colored, but the b&w gives it more drama.

April 10, 2012 at 10:16 am

2. Welcome back! I see your rest served you very well! Nice post! I love the pictures!

April 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

• Thanks Liz. It was nice to step away from gadgets for a week, although I did play scrabble on my phone quite a bit…

April 10, 2012 at 10:15 am

3. Great words of wisdom Christine!

April 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

4. what a great quote! and pictures!!

April 11, 2012 at 7:35 am

5. I really like the 2nd photo and the fact that you put the tree smack dab in the center of the pic. First thought is do I want to go to the right or the left and what is directly behind this tree. And due to the DOF It also makes you feel as though there are hundreds of trees just like this all around you. I really love this photograph.

April 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

• Thank you! There were hundreds of birch trees (My fave!) and I was just walking around snap snap snap not even paying attention to my surroundings when I turned and clicked with my 50mm and got lucky it was centered. The only edits I did on that was convert to b&w, increase contast and decrease lighting on the outer sides.

April 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm

• Well it is a fantastic photograph. Makes me think about Little Red Riding Hood getting lost in the woods..

April 13, 2012 at 4:11 am

• I see it too! Note to self, bring a red cloak for the kid to wear when shooting these scenes.

April 15, 2012 at 9:19 am